Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I had an orgy over the weekend.

The house is on the 6th progress schedule which makes it roughly 65% completed. And so some neighbors wanted to sync up and meet a few contractors to get rough estimates to do kitchens.

Arrived there around quarter to 4 and met my neighbor. Chatted with his contractor, standard kitchen fare solid surface, MDF woodwork, etc. One of their designs caught my attention. Actually approved by the missus.

In my head though I’m still leaning towards granite+Ikea cabinet/MDF veneer combos. Whatever the benefits of solid surface that’s bandied about I still think is all bollocks! Doesn’t scratch – my ass. Friends and colleagues say hunt around Subang Airport for granites, and Ikea’s cabinets arent as bad as most of their crap. Definitely something I’ll have to check out.

Other ideas talked about goes back to traditional tiles. Not bad really, tiles are way more robust than solid surface. Its just the grouts that need careful attention. 2feet marble tiles? hell yeah..if the price is comparable to solid surface.

Already started my sketch-up model. Now that I’ve measured the dimensions looks like I should start the kitchen designing work. Play around with layouts and arrangements.

Precinct2B End Lot Type A3 - with fittings

So whats this got to do with an orgy? Well, started out with two neighbors, then every 10 minutes another neighbor popped in, till we knew it more then 30+ people were mingling about in the show house.  Learnt that a few new neighbors actually work around the corner. What a smaller world its getting.

Orgy? It could’ve been one…